Mrs. Brake's Spices Orietta's Sicilian Seasoning Sampler
Orietta's Sicilian Seasoning is a Mrs. Brake's own. I was asked to help replicate a blend from Sicily and this is IT!
Use it on EVERYTHING it's so good everyone will wonder if you went to sicily to get it!!
Orietta's Sicilian seasoning is unique to Mrs. Brake's Spices and is made with NO anti-caking agents or fillers!
Orietta’s Sicilian Seasoning
Salad Dressing, Spaghetti Sauce, Bread, Compound Butter, marinade, Brine, shake on after cooking.
Salad Dressing: 2 Tablespoons Oil, 1teaspoon Orietta’s Seasoning
Compound Butter: 1 rounded Tablespoon Orietta’s to 1 stick butter
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons hot water----------2Tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon salt------------------------------------2Tablespoons sugar
3 cups all-purpose or bread flour--------------5 teaspoons yeast (make sure its room temp.)
3 teaspoons Orietta’s Sicilian Seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time with1 teaspoon Orietta’s seasoning with it.
- Knead dough for 7 minutes. Place in a well-oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for 1 minute and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place into two greased 9×5-inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes.
All sales are final except in the event of severe damage you will have to contact the purveyor for further instruction.