Orietta's Sicilian Seasoning
Orietta's Sicilian Seasoning is a Mrs. Brake's own. I was asked to help replicate a blend from Sicily and this is IT! Use it on EVRYTHING it's so good everyone will wonder if you went to sicily to get it!! This 1/2 cup measure is for the novice, call for wholesale pricing.
Orietta’s Sicilian Seasoning
Salad Dressing, Spaghetti Sauce, Bread, Compound Butter, marinade, Brine, shake on after cooking.
Salad Dressing: 2 Tablespoons Oil, 1teaspoon Orietta’s Seasoning
Compound Butter: 1 rounded Tablespoon Orietta’s to 1 stick butter
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons hot water----------2Tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon salt------------------------------------2Tablespoons sugar
3 cups all-purpose or bread flour--------------5 teaspoons yeast (make sure its room temp.)
3 teaspoons Orietta’s Sicilian Seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve the sugar in warm water and then stir in yeast. Allow to proof until yeast resembles a creamy foam, about 5 minutes.
- Mix salt and oil into the yeast. Mix in flour one cup at a time with1 teaspoon Orietta’s seasoning with it.
- Knead dough for 7 minutes. Place in a well-oiled bowl, and turn dough to coat. Cover with a damp cloth. Allow to rise until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Knead for 1 minute and divide in half. Shape into loaves and place into two greased 9×5-inch loaf pans. Allow to rise for 30 minutes, or until dough has risen 1 inch above pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30-40 minutes.
All sales are final except in the event of severe damage you will have to contact the purveyor for further instruction.